Some things are great for DIY but doing your own Digital Marketing is like building a skyscraper alone...
So You Think You Can Do It Yourself?
Running a business is no small task and that task is even harder when you have fewer headcount. Whether a solopreneur or a team of 1-5, you know that time is your most valuable resource and you can spread your focus only so thin. Consider all the tasks that need doing in a week:
- Sales contacts
- Client service
- Product development
- Business development
- IT issues
Do you really have time to develop, execute and manage Paid Search programs, SEO, Social Media, Blogging, Email Marketing, etc.? I didn’t think so!
What a Digital Agency Gives You
By hiring a Digital Agency, you surround yourself with experts who can advise you on and execute YOUR strategy. That’s important – YOUR strategy. A digital agency gives you the opportunity to actually develop a strategy that benefits your business instead of reacting to and executing the myriad demands that being the digital marketer requires. If you’re not sure how to develop a digital strategy, a Digital Agency or Digital Consultant can work with you to understand your business goals and translate them into actionable digital programs, freeing you up to do what you do best!
In addition to saving time with experts to do the heavy lifting, a Digital Agency give you a background of experience to tap into as you develop your digital marketing plans. It is very likely that the Agency will have worked with several product categories and digital marketing programs that are similar to yours. That experience will enable you to avoid common pitfalls and shorten the learning process so you can get immediate results and stay focused on running your business, not your digital marketing.
Ok, but how much will it cost?
The cost is always up to you, the client. More money buys more ads but that is not to say a small budget is ineffective. We have worked with many companies with small budgets and produced strong results. The most important things to remember are:
- Discuss budget upfront and openly with your Agency
- Make sure your expectations are clearly articulated so there is no miscommunication
- Don’t over-extend yourself at first. A good Agency can show positive Return on Investment which will enable future investment
- Proceed deliberately. Make a plan, work the plan and evaluate results. Kill the weak programs and feed the strong.
How do I find the right Agency?
Just like purchasing any other service, seek other’s opinions. Ask colleagues, do some searches and some reading. Most of all, once you have two or three candidates, engage them in conversation about your business and ask some questions like:
- What is your opinion of where I am in my digital development process and what would you recommend?
- Have you ever worked in my product category and what can you show mew that will help increase my results?
- Most of all, make sure there’s a good fit between you, your company and the Agency. Like having a business partner, you need to ‘mesh’ with the people and the philosophies, as you will be spending a lot of time together.
If you're having trouble finding the right partner or would just like to get a second opinion, contact us and we would be happy to chat with you about what's right for your business.